Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete your Equity Release transaction. The work we must undertake will vary according to the specific requirements of your lender which means that our charges will vary from case to case but an ‘average’ figure might be perhaps £625 + VAT. In any event our own fees will be quoted as a fixed fee and will be communicated to you, in writing, at the beginning of your application.
|Legal Fees||£ 625.00|
|VAT at 20%||£ 125.00|
|Lender’s Bank Transfer Fee (Per Transfer)||£ 40.00|
|VAT at 20%||£ 8.00|
|Land Registry Office Copy Entries||£ 6.00|
|Total: (inclusive of VAT)||£ 804.00|
Please note, there are certain additional costs (disbursements) which may apply under certain specific circumstances. These fees vary according to circumstances and we will only be able to give you an accurate figure once we have assessed your application in detail. This below list covers our extra work in dealing with particular circumstances and is not exhaustive.
- Dealing with a leasehold property: £99 + VAT
- Dealing with an unregistered property: £250 + VAT
- Obtaining a lease extension: £750 + VAT
- Dealing with additional occupiers at your property who are not party to the application: £35 + VAT per extra person
- Removal or addition of additional title holders: £300 + VAT per extra person
- Removal of multiple title charges: £99 + VAT for the 2nd and subsequent charges
- Dealing with a mortgage shortfall: £139 + VAT
Other disbursements may apply depending on the circumstances related to your application.
Property title and ownership is bespoke to each application and varies significantly from case to case. This in turn impacts on the speed of the equity release transaction. We can give a more precise time estimate once we have completed our initial fact-finding but, as an example, an application involving a registered freehold property, owned by the applicants, with no adverse title entries and no special conditions is normally achieved in under 4 weeks. For comparison, roughly 50% of equity release transactions fall within this category.
If you would like to see an overview of the various steps in the process of a typical equity release application please click here.
Our work for you
Although we are property specialists, we do not offer residential property services directly to the public, but we are happy to deal with any additional legal work that may arise during the course of your Equity Release application as long as it falls within our expertise and capability. This may include obtaining an extension to your lease, transferring equity on the death of a spouse or partner or, under certain circumstances the sale or purchase of your home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
*Our fee assumes that:
- This is a standard transaction that completes in a timely manner and that no unforeseen matters arise; including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion, or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required